Registration: Training Courses Calendar
Click on the Training Course you are interested in.
Forklift Operator (February 27, 2024)
February 27 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pmCDN $200.00
Program Length – 8 hours*
Program Objectives: The purpose of this training is to provide employees with Forklift Truck operator safety training prescribed by legislation so they may obtain the ability to operate equipment in a safe, competent manner and work safely in their work environment and around other employees.
At the end of the training session, all participants who pass the training will receive a Class 1, 4, 5 Forklift certification (and wallet card) which is valid for 3 years to the date of issuance.
This training will help you:
- Understanding of the theory and principles involved in the safe operation of a forklift truck;
- Know your legal responsibilities in forklift truck operation;
- To recognize hazards associated with forklift truck operation and to recommend or suggest solutions; and
- To verify practical knowledge of course content & Skills Evaluation
This training program will certify participants in lifting classes 1, 4, and 5.
The program allows participants the opportunity to learn about topics such as:
- Industrial Truck Association (ITA) Classes
- Components of forklifts
- Understanding load capacity
- Principles of forklift stability
- Safe operation of forklifts
- Refueling procedures (battery, propane, gas, diesel)
- Provincial and Federal legislation
- CSA Guidelines
- Pre-operational inspections
- Practical training (hands-on forklift operation)
Who would benefit: Our forklift training program has been designed for those with an occupational requirement to be trained in and understand the safe operation of a forklift.
Regulations and Guidelines: The program is designed to protect the health and safety of workers in the workplace and developed in accordance with the requirements of the OH&S and the Canadian Standards Association (CSA).
All practical training at the Mentor Safety Training Centre will be completed using an electric (Class 1) sit-down, counterbalanced forklift. Although participants will learn about the steps involved in a propane tank exchange, a practical verification of knowledge will not be possible. Therefore, we highly recommend that site-specific training be offered on propane tank exchange for any participants who will be required to operate a propane-powered forklift.
Note: All participants must wear CSA-approved safety shoes/boots and must provide a valid photo ID.
Group sessions can be booked both at our training location in Belmont or at a remote location closer to you. Contact Mentor Safety for details.
*Program length may vary depending on attendance