Course Length: 8 Hours
Course Hours: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Course Fees – $240 + HST
Course Overview: The Occupational Health & Safety Act defines a supervisor as “a person who has charge of a workplace or authority over a worker”. With the high expectations and legal responsibilities that come with the supervisory position, supervisors must be equipped to carry out their roles to meet MLTSD guidelines competently. [OHSA S. 27 (1)(2)]
This course provides supervisors with the knowledge base and tools to effectively carry out their roles as well as ensure due diligence and compliance with the OH&S Act and Regulations.
Supervisor Competency Modules:
- Internal Responsibility System (IRS)
- The Law and Regulations
- Health & Safety Policies and Programs
- Health and Safety Hazards
- Hazard Management Tools
- Hazard Assessment
- Accident Investigation – Supervisor Responsibilities
- Supervisor Communications
- Mental Health Awareness
Evaluation and Proof of Completion:
All participants will be required to successfully complete a written test with a minimum mark of 75%. Certification of completion will be provided.
- June 22 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- July 27 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- August 24 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- September 28 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Mentor Safety uses qualified trainers with industry experience and the safe practical use of necessary equipment.
We can come to your location or you can come to our new Industrial Safety Training Centre. Contact us today for your price.