8 Hours (8:30am – 4:30pm)
Program Objectives: The purpose of this training is to provide employees with Forklift Truck operator safety training prescribed by legislation so they may obtain the ability to operate equipment in a safe, competent manner and work safely in their work environment and around other employees.
At the end of the training session, all participants who pass the training will receive a Class 1, 4, 5 Forklift certification (and wallet card) which is valid for 3 years to the date of issuance.
This training will help you:
- Understanding of the theory and principles involved in the safe operation of a forklift truck;
- Know your legal responsibilities in forklift truck operation;
- To recognize hazards associated with forklift truck operation and to recommend or suggest solutions; and
- To verify practical knowledge of course content & Skills Evaluation
This training program will certify participants in lifting classes 1, 4, and 5.
The program allows participants the opportunity to learn about topics such as:
- Industrial Truck Association (ITA) Classes
- Components of forklifts
- Understanding load capacity
- Principles of forklift stability
- Safe operation of forklifts
- Refueling procedures (battery, propane, gas, diesel)
- Provincial and Federal legislation
- CSA Guidelines
- Pre-operational inspections
- Practical training (hands-on forklift operation)
Who would benefit: Our forklift training program has been designed for those with an occupational requirement to be trained in and understand the safe operation of a forklift.
Regulations and Guidelines: The program is designed to protect the health and safety of workers in the workplace and developed in accordance with the requirements of the OH&S and the Canadian Standards Association (CSA).
All practical training at the Mentor Safety Training Centre will be completed using an electric (Class 1) sit-down, counterbalanced forklift. Although participants will learn about the steps involved in a propane tank exchange, a practical verification of knowledge will not be possible. Therefore, we highly recommend that site-specific training be offered on propane tank exchange for any participants who will be required to operate a propane-powered forklift.
Note: All participants must wear CSA-approved safety shoes/boots and must provide a valid photo ID.
Course Fees: $200.00 + HST
- January 25 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- February 22 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- March 31 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Mentor Safety uses qualified trainers with industry experience and the safe practical use of forklift equipment.
We can come to your location or you can come to our new Industrial Safety Training Centre. Contact us today for your price.