Every piece of fall protection equipment should be inspected by a competent person at least once a year.
Regular inspections of fall protection equipment are critical in reducing the risk of workplace injury. The Mentor Safety Fall Protection PPE Inspection Program is established to provide equipment inspection by a competent person which will help ensure only the safest equipment is being used to protect the worker.
Types of inspections include:
- Class A – Standard Fall Arrest
- Class D – Suspension and Controlled Descent
- Class E – Limited Access/Extraction
- Class L – Ladder Climbing
- Class P – Work Positioning
- Class R – Arc Resistant
- Types of Lanyards
- Wrap-around (Tie-back)
- Double Legged (Y-shape)
- Shock Absorbing
- CSA Classifications of Lanyard
- Class A (Rope)
- Class B (Web)
- Class C (Wire Rope)
- Class D (Work Positioning)
- Class E (Chain Positioning)
- Class F (Adjustable Positioning)
- Class Y (Double-legged/Y-shaped)
- Types of Fall Arrester
- Manual locking
- Lifeline Material (Horizontal and Vertical Lifelines)
- Synthetic Rope
- Wire Rope
- Cable Systems
- Rail Systems
Self-Retracting Lifelines (SRLs) – *Only inspecting SRLs with non-removable casings; will not inspect internal components
- CSA Classification of SRL:
Pole Climbing Equipment (PCE)
- Class A (dry, wet, conduit-covered poles)
- Class AB (dry, wet, icy, conduit-covered poles)
Equipment Inspection Drop Off Program (London Only) – $50 +HST*
Simple 3 Step Process
Every weekend we do an equipment inspection. Drop off equipment before 4 pm any Friday and pick up Monday after 8 am. (except holidays)
Drop off your equipment at our office before any Friday @ 4pm and receive your unique Inspection Code.
Leave your equipment with us for the weekend or 2-3 day period. You will be given a pick-up date.
On your pick-up date, bring your unique Inspection Code to us, make your payment and pick up your equipment.
*Costs cover inspection of; 1 Harness and 1 Lanyard or, 1 Set of Pole Climbing Equipment. Additional equipment may have additional costs.
Large Volume Inspections
We can come to a client’s site or we can bring all the equipment to our site to do equipment inspections for a large volume of equipment. Travel charges may be extra if going to a client site. Contact us for pricing.